September 2, 2022 by Mike Zitterich
Located North of E. Arrowhead Parkway, East of Six Mile Road @ 7400 E. Grove Trail (New Development).
On the Agenda for the September 7th Sioux Falls Planning Commission, is a petition request made by Johnson Properties to establish a new Bar, Casino, Restaurant, Lounge, on the east side of the city.
Part of a proposed new development, the project would be built on the old Arndt's Auto Wrecking Site. The plan is to build a new building on 1.98 acres of land. However, this must first be approved by the City Council, based upon the Sensitive Land Use zoning, due to the proposed site being within 500ft of residential housing.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
Project Name: "Alibi Bar, Restaurant, & Casino Type of Application: Conditional Use Permit Owner: Johnson Properties â€“ Justin Johnson Applicant: Reynolds Construction Management â€“ Paul Reynolds Request: CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT
to allow an on-sale alcoholic beverage establishment within 500â€™ of a sensitive land use. Purpose: Allow on-sale alcoholic beverages for video lottery terminals."
CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT STANDARD: 160.616 â€“ Conditional Use Standards - On-sale alcoholic beverage establishments
- The on-sale alcohol establishment must have all parking spaces within the onsite parking lot in close proximity and facing the entrance;
- Lighting may be considered to provide illumination for security and safety of parking access areas.
- On-site lighting plans shall be submitted for review and approval;
- Soundproofing may be considered to prevent noise and vibrations from penetrating into surrounding properties or lease space;
- A security management plan shall be provided to the police department.
SENSITIVE LAND USES are land uses that need to be separated by a reasonable distance or incorporate buffer yards and landscaping to alleviate land use conflicts. Sensitive land uses are located not adjacent to, but within 500â€™ to the north of the proposed use. Uses will be buffer via drainage way.
- Existing Corridor Development Pattern: E. Oak Grove Trail is classified as Residential;
- Proximity to parks, open space or schools within a quarter mile: .10 miles from Willow Run Golf Course ;
- Physical Characteristics: The site is undeveloped and gradually slopes to the north
LAND USE AND COMPREHENSIVE PLAN ANALYSIS:
The proposed bar and restaurant with video lottery terminals, supplemental to on-sale alcohol, meets the criteria and intent of the comprehensive plan. The site is located near a heavy commercial corridor with other commercial and industrial businesses. Specifically, along the south of Arrowhead Parkway but new development along the north will contain other C-4 zoned allowed uses. Required parking will be located on site. Buffer Yards are not required for the proposed use. A security management plan has been submitted and approved by the Police Department.
Presentation Link HERE
Help Support The Dakota Leader... DONATE TODAY!
|Post Date: 2022-09-02 08:22:24||Last Update: 2022-09-05 17:06:04|